Bike Sensation is proposing you a bicycles tour to discover the oldest mountains from Romania
"And the mountains and waters, as humanity, have special age. Some are young, barely born with peaks towering the sky, with fresh valleys and dizzy deeps. There are like the man in full vigor, with steel muscles, with movements of deer, with smiling eyes, vivacious and full of hope. There are old mountains, the head of which, not centuries, but hundreds and thousands of centuries flowed torrents poured from the sky. They bend, although the creation of youth, towering oak stumps remaining. So, there are Macin Mountains in which youngness there were no people, no birds. They prevailed when the Carpathians foundation was not even kneaded"
DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION Bucharest Airport, Romania
DEPARTURE TIME Please arrive by 12:00 for a prompt departure at 14:00.
RETURN TIME Approximately 19:30.
OUTFIT Bring comfortable cycling clothing, we take care of the rest.
- 4 days / 3 nights
- accommodation in a 1 person tent in Greci in a cherry orchard
- meals included :breakfasts and dinners at the camp + lunch packs during biking tours
- MTB guide
- transfer from airport to the accommodation place
What's NOT included
- flights to Bucharest (let us know if you need help finding plane tickets)
- MTB rental (available as option)
- everything that is not included in the "What's included" section
- Welcome in Bucharest
- Transfer to camp - 4h driving 300km (optional stops in interesting places)
- Free time
- Dinner and technical presentation for next day
From the Henri Coanda, the Bucharest airport we will be driving for four hours to the Black Sea. We will pass the Danube River by ferry, in Braila.
- About 52 kilometers of MTB around Macin Mountains
- Bath in the Iacobdeal Lake
- Wine tasting
- Dinner at the camp
In the granite quarry from the hill Iacobdeal (Turcoaia village) you'll find a unique lake in the Romania. Locals call it simply - "The Fountain" and use it especially when they come with their cattle watering in the summer. Iacobdeal Lake is formed in a basin results from the operation of granite extraction when the excavation reached the level of an aquifer (in Romanian - ground water) with a rich flow. The lake is isolated from any river system, driven mainly by underground springs plus a small part of the water from rain and melting snow
- MTB around Macin Mountains 40 km>
- Max altitude 420m
- Dinner at the camp
We leave Greci, in the Valley Racova park, climb the hill Cartalu way to the top, you detour left, continue to the summit and descend Calcutta Valley in the town of Greci Carabalu. On the way we will discover how the trees are adapted at the climatic conditions of Dobrogea: little rainfall, high heat, low soil layer. And yet some trees fail and "prepare the ground" for others. You'll see the blue Danube. Here you will find a special area within the park: Reserve Moroianu where there are highly diverse flora species, some very rare and very few flowers "came" from the distant Caucasus, Iran and Minor Asia! In Macin ancient rocks are hundreds of millions of years old, much older than the first dinosaurs on Earth.
- Transfer to Bucharest Airport